Monday, July 26, 2010

I heart dots...stripes...and checks...part 3 of 3

As you may know…I love plain and simple patterns. Polka dots, stripes and checks, oh my. Hello, and welcome to the end of my patterned party pretties series. The third and final pattern goody is the polka dot. The happy little dot that loves an organized party; prim, proper and punctuated.


My heart (and the party planning world) is all a buzz for pinwheels. My heart fluttered when I saw these lovely little butterflies. I can’t decide if these or the paint chip palette minis are my favorite. Perfect on string, in a nursery or pinned to an inspiration board. Lovely origami butterflies by laylaloustudio



Technically these are polka dots, but better. An abstract pattern with pretty little circles dancing in the air. Two of these flanking the cupcake pedestal on a dessert table at a shower? Yes, please. White circles chandelier mobile by Lil Sprout Creations


Polka dots at their finest. Simple, modern, and plain yet super awesome. Modern dot notes by Ruby Press


I have been trying to convince the hubby to go see her new brick and mortar store. Not working. Okay, it would take a road trip, but you only live once right? Cupcake darling strikes again…I told you she has EVERYTHING! Oh… and one of the suggestions for using these, is to make Jell-o in it. Have you eaten Jell-o lately? It’s delicious! It must be eaten with cool whip (yes, you could use whipped cream, but chemically goodness is a perfect pairing) YUM! Cotton candy polka dot baking cups at Bake it Pretty


King or queen for the day. Make your little one a cute crown, easy peasy. My guys would probably wear these to the grocery store. Silly? Maybe, but I’d bet they get a free cookie out of it…sounds kinda smart to me. Polkadot crown kit at Paper Source

I love these cute nontraditional toppers for cupcakes. Can you imagine a cupcake platter topped with the little dotted umbrellas for a baby shower? Such a plain take in a literal way. LOVE! Party summer umbrellas cake toppers by Martice Supplies



Pretty little traditional polka dots. Perfect for favors, cookies, you name it. Polkadot bags by LemonTree

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! So many great ideas and inspirations!! So glad I stumbled upon you!

    Maureen
    andersruff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow how lovely! thank you for the feature :)

    ReplyDelete