Friday, October 22, 2010

Easy Halloween Table

My boys and I threw this little orange and black table together on Friday before the hubs got home.  In our house, every Friday is pizza and movie night.  I know my mini-men are still little, but traditions start somewhere right?

This was easy.  I used what I had for decor and we ran to Target for snacks (orange soda, oreos, cupcake mix, lollipops, licorice, cheetos, almonds, and orange slices.)

The banner was precut and ready to assemble at the Party 101 class I took at the Art Weekend in Salt Lake City, hosted by none other than the fabulous Brittany of One Charming Party.   A little secret...I was so slow making it, my brother started wondering what was taking me so long. Brittany helped me finish it up and even gave me an extra cupcake to sweeten up my brother and his friend from being mad that I was super late. She was super nice and funny.  She offered loads of helpful tips for party planning, if you ever get the chance to go to one of her classes - do!

In her class, she had the cutest simple white cake with cut marshmallows around the top and bottom.   I baked a cake from box mix (apparently is so rare for me that my hubby even commented on it) and iced it with a container of frosting. Around the bottom I lined up candy corn.  Festive and easy with no mess. Add sprinkles to cover the slightly less than even icing, stick a pick in it and done.

SOURCES:
3 STRIPED BOWLS – MICHAELS

BLACK 3 TIER WIRE DESSERT STAND – COST PLUS
BLACK STRAWS – TARGET
STRIPED PUMPKIN, SPIDERS, WIRE SPIDER WEB – LAVENDER RIDGE GIFT SHOP, RENO, NV GHOST/PUMPKIN TOPPERS, CUPCAKE WRAPPERS, CREAM CREEPY FABRIC – WALMART
GLASS MILK BOTTLES – RED HILL GENERAL STORE
BLACK CAKE STANDS – ROSANNA
WIRE TREE – POTTERY BARN (PAST SEASON)
HALLOWEEN ORNAMENTS - MICHAELS (PAST SEASON)
APOTHECARY JAR - MARTHA STEWART FOR MACYS (PAST SEASON)
CLEAR CAKE STAND, MILK GLASS - VINTAGE (ETSY)




**You might notice the main backdrop looks similar to my zombie party.  It is.  We kept it up as wall decor for the Halloween season!**

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I just think you are the best. At everything. I love the looks of your parties. That's it, we're moving to Reno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I'm with you - I love the idea of rituals throughout the week. Pizza and movie night sounds like a blast already - and then you throw in a festive table like this? So great!! Great work. I can only imagine the sweet memories you're creating for your boys (of all ages).

    ReplyDelete