Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's DIY Toppers - Part 1

Hello lovelies!  It's that time again, I have two little DIYs for you over on The Sweetest Occasion.  Yes, I might be mildly addicted to toppers.  I promise not everything will be on a stick...although I will argue that it is next to garland and balloons as the easiest way to turn hum-drum into a jubilee!  Besides, how cute would it be if you came with a platter full to your kid's Valentine's Day party?

**To get the heartshaped brownies: I used box mix (I have yet to find a good recipe- tell me if you have one) and baked it in a foil lined 8x8 pan.  Let cool, lift out.  Cut with a heart shaped cookie cutter.  (eat scraps or make a compote with cool whip and strawberries - I meant to make a compote...they didn't survive) I used a fluted cutter from Wilton I found at Target last year.

So, go check out my arrow DIY here. Stay tuned for another Valentine's Day lovely later today!


  1. This looks great... on my way to The Sweetest Occasion ;)

  2. I have a wonderful brownie recipe if you'd like to try it!