Monday, March 21, 2011

60 is Sweet


 As a craft writer, there is no greater joy then having you lovelies make my goodies and EXCEL at it. I was delighted this weekend when Melissa and Kellie of Icing Designs sent me this party from their client for a very sweet 60th birthday party.  I saw the photos of the gorgeous garlands made by Katie and honestly I did a "WOOHOO" right there in the kitchen, because I was so excited that it looked exactly like one I would make.  I am so proud of her and super happy my DIY works! But now, on to more prettiness...
 
 Here is the party description from Melissa and Kellie:   
Katie came to us (Icing Designs: hand-illustrated and hand-glittered party goods)

a couple of months ago for us to create a illustration for her mom's upcoming 60th birthday party! Her mom is an artist and loves all things vintage, ruffles, flowers and anything Anthropologie inspired. So we did a custom illustration of a woman in an Anthropologie inspired outfit painting a "60" on to her 6 tiered flowery birthday cake! 

We made 5x8 note cards with the hand-glittered illustration off to the side that read "60 Sweet Years! As we celebrate Judi's 60th year, these are the memories I hold most dear!" Katie used these to send to all of her mom's closest friends and family, so that they could write their fondest memories and Katie created a book for mom with all of the cards!
We also made some really fun hand-glittered cupcake flags using the illustration, a printed illustration to frame and a hand-glittered letter garland that read, "60 Sweet Years"! Katie made French Macarons, beautiful cookies and the mini ruffle cakes! 

She also made the gorgeous ruffle garland (following the hank + hunt DIY tutorial) that hung from the ceiling over the dessert table. Her sister, Becky, of Becky Hill Photography, beautifully photographed the event. We were just blown away with what an amazing job Katie and her sister did with their mom’s special party! 
Thank you so much to Katie and Becky for making an incredible party! Great job on the garlands, Katie! A big THANK YOU to the lovely Melissa and Kellie for not only sharing this little bit of lovely, but for having a pretty little shop, too!

I love seeing what my lovely readers create! If you have a fabulous party, any kind, (of course we REALLY like ones with hank + hunt) or just want to submit your shop 'cause you sell a little bit o' awesome, do it HERE.

DON"T FORGET TO ENTER TO WIN A PARTY PLAN FROM ONE CHARMING PARTY ON OUR 200TH POST!! CONTEST ENDS FRIDAY, MARCH 25TH!

10 comments:

  1. What a cute garland! And that cake is amazing! I may have a party coming your way at the end of April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the garland! The cupcake flags are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That garland is so pretty! And such a sweet idea to convert those illustrated and glittered cards into a "memory book" for Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you Jenny!!! How exciting to see your creations come to life! I am just tickled for you. However, I must tell you that the garland is one of my all time faves. I love how soft it is. Hope you are well my friend. And I have been meaning to tell you for ages that if you are EVER in my neck of the woods we need to get together! So let me know ;-)))

    xoxo
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful party & love that garland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing! your garlands look soooo good and that cake! wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi....I'm 60 and I totally APPROVE of this party you had for your mother!!!! I know she deserved it!

    ReplyDelete