Welcome to another Wonderful Wednesday! Have I got a fabulous treat for you, today's shop is a fabulous fete. I've had her goodies in quite a few of my roundups. Lauren is the incredible designer behind the fabulousness. Her blog is just as gorgeous. I enjoy reading blogs where I can really feel the personality of the person behind it. shhhh...here's a secret...there are some blogs I don't read, I just look at the eye candy, but the ones I truly love, I read. Because there's something in the content that is just as amazing. Dear a fabulous fete...I read you. You had me at "I love to drink champagne because it makes me feel 'fancy'" xo, Jenny p.s. I love looking at all the pretty pictures, too.
A fabulous fete offers handmade party accoutrement in a party style I adore. I am still searching for the perfect words to describe the aesthetic. So far, all I have is an equation:
(Vintage + Modern) Handmade - Kitch = fabulous, clean and timeless
I need to buy a dictionary so I can find the perfect words. That tray above, was in InStyle this summer! What a lucky girl! So, she threw a party. and it was gorgeous.
This store is the perfect mix of modern and vintage, where they strike a pretty balance. I love flitting around her shop because she always has something new.
I could go on and on, (like about the fabulous finds she has hunted down, perfectly edited and shared) but I will get to the good stuff. Enter, the fabulous Lauren. Isn't she fab? She even looks fabulous. Her she is with her sister in her garage. If she could do that to a garage...what could she do to my living room. hmmm...Don't even get me started on her taste in shoes...
Go visit Lauren and have a peek into party fabulousness:
1. I first found your Etsy shop while browsing party goodies and when I love everything in a shop, I always find their blog. Your blog is beautiful, inspirational and shows to die for party ideas… What 3 things most inspire you?
my 3 biggest inspirations are:
- first, finding ways to use everyday items as party decor. for instance using old magazines, junk mail, or phone books for fun garland... i always love pretty party decor that costs nothing
- second, beautiful outdoor locations. i enjoy entertaining outdoors, and when i see a gorgeous field, beach, or whatever, i can't help but be inspired with different ways you can incorporate an event into the space.
- and third, "ordinary" patterns... let me explain:) like graph paper, library cards, paper from a lined yellow notepad. you know, things you use at school or in the office. it's so much fun to turn that stuff into a decoration! i could seriously spend hours browsing the aisle's at staples, i'm a nerd:)
2. I think what makes a party special, is the special handmade touches that you can’t buy in a big box store. In your blog, you show readers how to create their own party goodies & decor, which makes an intimate and gorgeous setting, which many parties seem to lack these days ...what is your favorite thing to do?
3. How/why did you start your shop?
i'm still working on putting together those kits, i'm just having a little too much fun making things for parties.
4. You are a girl after my own heart, being mildly obsessed with all things party related. I LOVE your Etsy shop, and especially your killer prop styling skills. My favorite is the Candy Buffet sign, that fabulous hand painted FONT! I want to have you label everything I own, what was your inspiration?i started my candy buffet signs with the typical frame and printed sign and wanted to expand from there and come up with a new take on what everyone was already doing. i am really inspired by all of the calligraphy i see on wedding blogs and started practicing my own form of pretty writing. i love that you can't download my font and print up a quick sign... it's something unique only i can offer. every time someone purchases my painted candy buffet signs, it's really rewarding!
5. Tell us your FAVORITES…
COLOR? pink of course :)
PARTY GOODIE/DECOR? i love love LOVE favors! they're so versatile, from a cute bag w/ candy, an adorable box with a surprise inside, or even a potted herb. i'm not sure if you noticed, but i'm pretty obsessed with miniature things, and usually favors have to be small, i think that's probably why i love them!
SECRET SOURCE FOR PARTY GOODIES? my super secret source- garage sales :) and... save-on-crafts! i love this site.
A big fabulous THANK YOU to Lauren of a fabulous fete for sharing your inspiration and your shop with us!
**All images found at afabulousfete.etsy.com and afabulousfete.blogspot.com**
Do you know an awesome shop that should be featured on WONDERFUL WEDNESDAYS? Well...tell me about it!