Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY - a fabulous fete


Welcome to another Wonderful Wednesday! Have I got a fabulous treat for you, today's shop is a fabulous fete. I've had her goodies in quite a few of my roundups. Lauren is the incredible designer behind the fabulousness. Her blog is just as gorgeous.  I enjoy reading blogs where I can really feel the personality of the person behind it. shhhh...here's a secret...there are some blogs I don't read, I just look at the eye candy, but the ones I truly love, I read.  Because there's something in the content that is just as amazing. Dear a fabulous fete...I read you.  You had me at "I love to drink champagne because it makes me feel 'fancy'" xo, Jenny p.s. I love looking at all the pretty pictures, too.


A fabulous fete offers handmade party accoutrement in a party style I adore.  I am still searching for the perfect words to describe the aesthetic. So far, all I have is an equation:
(Vintage + Modern) Handmade - Kitch = fabulous, clean and timeless


I need to buy a dictionary so I can find the perfect words.  That tray above, was in InStyle this summer! What a lucky girl! So, she threw a party.  and it was gorgeous.





This store is the perfect mix of modern and vintage, where they strike a pretty balance.   I love flitting around her shop because she always has something new. 



At a fabulous fete you can find all the "handmade details to make your fete lovely" and then some.  How about these gorgeous little lovelies. Grey...nothing makes my party heart go pitter patter more.


A pretty little stand topped with a favorite something sweet, perfectly sized to let someone know you love them...even more special if it's for no other reason at all.


I love people who share their loveliness. On the blog, Lauren shares her amazing talent for event designs and gives tons of goodies and secrets away.  Seriously, some of the lovelies I was like "this is wonderful, I feel a little naughty for finding out how to do this"  I have added tons of things to my mile long to-do list (but they're fabulous so I don't mind one bit...) These beauties are made from shower curtain rings. really. I'm torn between telling everyone and having them oooh and ahhhh in amazement or letting them think I dropped a large sum of green over at Anthro, still getting ooohs and ahhhs over the sheer goreousness.  Hmmm...


As for DIY...this is what she did for her birthday...in her garage! I. Am. Stunned.

I could go on and on, (like about the fabulous finds she has hunted down, perfectly edited and shared) but I will get to the good stuff. Enter, the fabulous Lauren. Isn't she fab? She even looks fabulous.  Her she is with her sister in her garage.  If she could do that to a garage...what could she do to my living room. hmmm...Don't even get me started on her taste in shoes...


Go visit Lauren and have a peek into party fabulousness:

1.  I first found your Etsy shop while browsing party goodies and when I love everything in a shop, I always find their blog.  Your blog is beautiful, inspirational and shows to die for party ideas… What 3 things most inspire you?
my 3 biggest inspirations are:

- first, finding ways to use everyday items as party decor. for instance using old magazines, junk mail, or phone books for fun garland... i always love pretty party decor that costs nothing
- second, beautiful outdoor locations. i enjoy entertaining outdoors, and when i see a gorgeous field, beach, or whatever, i can't help but be inspired with different ways you can incorporate an event into the space.
- and third, "ordinary" patterns... let me explain:) like graph paper, library cards, paper from a lined yellow notepad. you know, things you use at school or in the office. it's so much fun to turn that stuff into a decoration! i could seriously spend hours browsing the aisle's at staples, i'm a nerd:)



2.  I think what makes a party special, is the special handmade touches that you can’t buy in a big box store. In your blog, you show readers how to create their own party goodies & decor, which makes an intimate and gorgeous setting, which many parties seem to lack these days ...what is your favorite thing to do?
my favorite thing to do for a party is come up with one special cocktail and display it beautifully w/ something yummy as garnish and a great cocktail flag. a special drink is always a fun thing for guests to try , and cocktail flags are just so much fun to customize to the theme of your party, i'm obsessed with them! i can't wait to come up with something spooky for halloween:)
  

3.  How/why did you start your shop?
my goal was (and still is!) to get into party planning. so i started putting together party "kits" or "packages". i ended up hand-making a lot of things that were going into my party kits... so... i started an etsy shop! the ideas came a lot easier for individual items, so i started focussing on really developing my etsy shop and it just kind of grew from there. i love doing custom work, and with party supplies you get a LOT of custom requests, especially for weddings.


i'm still working on putting together those kits, i'm just having a little too much fun making things for parties.


4.  You are a girl after my own heart, being mildly obsessed with all things party related.  I  LOVE your Etsy shop, and especially your killer prop styling skills. My favorite is the Candy Buffet sign, that fabulous hand painted FONT!  I want to have you label everything I own, what was your inspiration?
i started my candy buffet signs with the typical frame and printed sign and wanted to expand from there and come up with a new take on what everyone was already doing. i am really inspired by all of the calligraphy i see on wedding blogs and started practicing my own form of pretty writing. i love that you can't download my font and print up a quick sign... it's something unique only i can offer. every time someone purchases my painted candy buffet signs, it's really rewarding!





 

5. Tell us your FAVORITES…


COLOR?  pink of course :)


PARTY GOODIE/DECOR? i love love LOVE favors! they're so versatile, from a cute bag w/ candy, an adorable box with a surprise inside, or even a potted herb. i'm not sure if you noticed, but i'm pretty obsessed with miniature things, and usually favors have to be small, i think that's probably why i love them!

SECRET SOURCE FOR PARTY GOODIES? my super secret source- garage sales :) and... save-on-crafts! i love this site.

A big fabulous THANK YOU to Lauren of a fabulous fete for sharing your inspiration and your shop with us!


**All images found at afabulousfete.etsy.com and afabulousfete.blogspot.com**

Do you know an awesome shop that should be featured on WONDERFUL WEDNESDAYS? Well...tell me about it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm adoring that bonne maman jam jar as a vase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her decor for the garage party. I agree with the great balance between modern and vintage. Well done!

    ReplyDelete