Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello 2011

Did you miss me? I kinda escaped for the holidays a little early, I just read my last post and I totally led you on and then ran.  I am such a tease. It was fabulous to get a break, but I missed so much loveliness...and failed to share some goodies.  I'm sorry darlings! Ok, I'm really only a little bit sorry and loved the time off so much I will do it again this year...but I will be better prepared and leave some presents to tide you over to the new year. I have lots in store for this gorgeoous new year and I am super excited. So, I am a week behind on this but here we go with my goals and resolutions this year...

"THE LUCKIER I GET" BY LIL CO.

HANK + HUNT 2011 GOALS

~Get good photos taken. Find a fantastic photographer who will work for handmade party supplies.  (I heard you chuckle...) I know everyone says you can take pics with a point an shoot...yes, but no, no you can't. At least I can't.  Mama needs a DSLR, but I am also really close to accepting that my photography skills are not my strong suit. So, I need to find a photog in Reno/Tahoe area that is sweet, fabulous and cheap.  Or learn how to take a good pic myself...A girl can dream can't she?
~Mini DIYs...lots of them. They'll be totally random but I will share right away instead of hoarding them in my little notebook(s).  I am done saving stuff for later and never getting to most of them on the to do list...carpe diem!
~Ruffled Garland DIY...I'm gonna give you an easy peasy version AND my version...and give some hints as why mine are so much more fab than some of those other ones popping out...and yes...make the pricing more recession friendly on the ones I make (see...I listen)

~New adventures with Sharon, from Cupcakes and Cutlery. We're planning something wicked awesome...and it's gonna be fabulous. Trust me.
~Inspiration boards by moi. My shopping boards will continue into the new year, with the usual handmade sourcing, but I want to add some pretty pictures from parties, too.
~No new craft purchases.  Zero. Zilch. I have half of Michaels in that craft cave of mine and by heavens I'm gonna use 'em.  Note: thread, needles and hot glue are excluded from this and reminds me I only have two sticks of hot glue left. Uh-oh.
~No shopping, except some organizational stuff.  Yeah, I know, I just said no shopping, but seriously I have a fabulously teeny house and without reorganizing and new furniture I might not see the floor in some rooms.  No, not really,  and please don't get all scared and think I should be on hoarders or anything. Small house + good storage = sanity.
~Edit and clean out my picture files. Simple enough.  Yeah, I thought so, too.  I am such an awesome photographer I have tons of not so good photos. Why do I save them?  I. do. not. know. Hello, delete button...you are my new best friend.
~I will excersize at least five times a week. Period.  It's been too long and all of a sudden I'm thirty-something and old enough to know that there was a sitcom way back when about "old" people...and now I am one of them. So, to quote one of my favorite ladies, Laurel, from Go Against the Grain...#nomorefatass.  I'm gonna print it out on my label maker and slap it right on top of my elliptical.

Shop goodies + goals...

~We are adding PRINTIES...eek I'm so excited I can hardly keep quiet, my hubby is tired of listening to it. There will be PDFs and assembled options.  Flags, activity sheets like mazes and coloring pages, tshirt transfers and more!
~Can you say screenprinted?  I can.  Mucho excited.
~I am obsessed with garland...you should know this by now...and I make tons, just for the heck of it.  Paper, fabric, felt...I am going to start listing these little one-offs for your party pleasure.
~Packages, full-tilt.  Stay tuned for more...

So there it is.  My goals (minus a few top secret ones and those mushy ones you don't wanna read anyhoo).

Much love and luck in the new year ahead! I look forward to sharing it with you!

10 comments:

  1. you don't even know how EXCITED i am to hear this!!! sure to be a wonderful year for you - and for the rest of us who will reap the benefits of your creative genius! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing, my dear! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you're back! I must admit, I just tried my own version of your garland...and while I loved the look, it was SO.MUCH.WORK! It's like decorated cookies...you look at it and think 'I can do that', then you do it and realize that it's so worth the money to have the professionals do it for you!

    I can't wait to see all that you have in store for us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to read this!! I C.A.N.N.O.T W.A.I.T!;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! You're back! I missed you! What wonderful goals! I cannot wait to see what you come up with. I'm sure it will be incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed you like crazy. I checked every day to see if you posted even though you told me you weren't. :) I am so excited to see your growth this year! I'm expecting big things from you Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. first, let me say that not going to michaels is one of my goals too! i know i'm going to go, so i'm not swearing it off completely... but i'm going to cut back... slowly.
    so excited to see the new stuff for your shop! felt and screenprinting? can.not.wait

    ReplyDelete
  8. Party Mom - I am so excited that you made it! I love that you liked it enough to want some of your own - that is so what I do, too. I always think how I could make this lovely thing I just saw on a blog or in a shop...myself. My main goal is just to show how to do it. I will end up putting DIYs up on everything in the shop. I will show my tricks and tips so maybe it will be easier than trying to guess how to do it. I want to provide inspiration and a little bit of guidance. I would love to see pictures of the garland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. Em. GEE!! Sooooo cute! & So very easy to make!!!

    ReplyDelete