Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SUMMER BASH INSPIRATION


Hello lovelies, my favorite online bestie Sharon of CUPCAKES AND CUTLERY is here with a party inspiration board to die for.  I am always amazed at how cool this little california girl is.  Case and point, she emailed me these girls a few weeks back for her color inspiration...


...and this is what she comes up with for a party?  Seriously?  Can I come? Please?


When I asked Sharon about this party, this is what she said:
A while ago, I saw a contest on Facebook to win some yummy treats for a party.  But I didn't have any parties planned for summer.  So I thought about which of my friend's could use a party.  Hands down, it was Erika.  Without going in to details, she's had a rough year and I can't think of a better way to show her support then by having all her friend's come together to celebrate her summer birthday.  Well, I didn't win the contest.  BUT Erika still needs to be celebrated so I went in to full on party planning mode.  Planning a party for an adult can be tricky.  How do you incorporate decorations without it being too juvenile and cutesy? 

As I was reading Harper's Bazaar Magazine, I came across this photo which I knew instantly would be the perfect color palette.  I know we are seeing this palette pop up all over right now but it is just perfect for summer and Erika.  And so with these amazing colors I decided to focus mainly on a color theme for the party decor.  


And then when I came across the poster project by Shanna Murray on Oh Happy Day I knew that is what the party would be about.  A celebration of Erika's life and everything that she loves and reminds us of her.  


I put the board together to keep me on track and give me visible inspiration.  

To play up the colors, I have purchased ribbons and trims in these three colors to drape as easy garlands around the party. Throw in some large balloons, a sign or two and those are the main components.  Totally easy but with a big visual impact.  Aside from those easy decor ideas, there will be little vignette's around the party with all of the things that remind us or represent Erika.  Of course they will incorporate the colors too but this is the fun part where we totally get to personalize the party.  


I can't wait to see what this talented lady comes up with for the party.  I've only seen little snippets and I am so excited.  What's even better, there is a little goodie that we'll share at the unveiling that *might* involve FREE Printies...ok, it does.  I can't keep a secret worth beans. So, maybe have a popping hot July 4th party this weekend, or a neon bright shower...either way, enjoy!  Thanks , Sharon! xo

SOURCES:
So glad you were born poster:  By Shanna Murray via Oh Happy Day
Photo by Studio D in Harper's Bazaar 
{Inspiration Board} 
Pink Sandals:  Free People via Pinterest / Yellow Balloon:  My Party Planner  / Pink Garland:  Short Cake via Pinterest / Gold Outfit:  Seesaw Designs via Pinterest / You Make Me Feel Like Dancing:  Rachel Castle via That's Happy / Neutral Garlands:  Sweet Monday Photography via Somewhere Splendid / Necklaces:  Leif Shop via Fabulous K / Neon Balloons:  Rainblow G via Pinterest / Jesi Haack Awesome Table:  Gabriel Ryan via Jesi Haack / Neutral Pennants:  Go Against the Grain / Pink Frame:  Deep Heart via Pinterest / Yellow Pencils:  Stubby Pencil Studio / Ropes:  Leslie Williamson via Bonnie Tsang via Pinterest / Bottles and Signs:  SarahQ Happy Booths via Pinterest / Pink Ribbon:  Kelly Oshiro Events via Pinterest / Yellow Cupcakes:  Love Inc. via Pinterest / Yellow Trophy:  Alice Supply Company / Yellow Nails:  Wear Color via Pinterest / Yellow Pinwheel:  Enjoy Events Co. / Kraft and Pink Presents / Pink and Yellow stripes:  Print and Pattern 

4 comments: