Tuesday, August 2, 2011

3 THINGS TUESDAY: MILK AND BOOKIES




For our last little post today, I want to tell you about a wonderful organization that I found last week. My boys here LOVE books...and I noticed when we were downsizing and making donations during the move,  that we donated the less awesome books.  The ones we didn't love.  If you have ever shopped a thrift store you maybe have seen that the quality and selection are poor.  Some kids will never get the joy of having a new book, a good book. Then I ran across MILK + BOOKIES on LMNOP Magazine's website.

It's an organization based on giving brand new books to less fortunate little kids. If you are like me and cringe when you think about how many toys your kid has...you will appreciate their efforts to take the gifts from your next little one's party and change it into an exercise of giving.  Each child picks out a book to donate "as the gift" and then the collection from the party is donated to kids that really need them.  It's just a wonderful idea and it makes me smile when I think about it.


What makes MILK + BOOKIES even more amazing? They have done all the hard work for you! They have everything you need to throw a book donation party, including the stickers, book labels and pins!  Easy as pie.  Go check them out now! 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea!! I want to do this for my birthday! I still love a ton of children's & tween/teen books and it would be so cool to relive all those memories of reading when I was young.

    Great Find!!

    ReplyDelete