Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lovely Vintage without the Hunt

I must admit, I scour Etsy everyday for vintage metal organizers and milk glass. EVERYDAY, sometimes twice. Recently I found this lovely, who will work as my kitchen clipboard for doctors appts, and my calendar (or a letterpress one because who knows when I will finish my design.)




I am also one of those people who sign up for every catalog she can. Pottery Barn arrived yesterday and I am drooling. All the lovelies I have been searching for, ready to come to my house. Some are even reasonably priced (3 baskets for $24! perfect!)

Some will live in my dreams with my french flea market loves from Restoration Hardware...roulette anyone? (I live in Reno so it does a kitchy chic thing for me)

and some will visit there temporarily until they go on sale.


I love all things metal that are (or look) old.


I love the idea of a chalkboard painted platter- the possibilties are endless. I think I want to paint the center of one of my browned and well loved aluminum cookie sheets. There are so many color options for chalkboard paint too, visit Hudson Paint (hudsonpaint.com) but I favor traditional black, but am very tempted at dark grey. It would look great above my stove, which is just the right size for a medium sheet.
Here are two more lovelies! Love!





1. Vintage wire noteboard (via oldcrowfarm.etsy.com)
2. - everything else via pottterybarn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment