Wednesday, January 13, 2010

its all in the details...


Every beautiful photo spread of a luscious party by Martha Stewart or on Style Me Pretty has a cohesiveness about the decor. The large things always match, yes, that's a given. But the little things, the napkins, strings tying favors and others have to blend also. No avocado green in a sea of blue and white. If there is a contrast color, it is on purpose, not mishmash just because you couldn't find anything or forgot. Like birthday plates in a floral pink and yellow for a two year old's primary colored balloon wonderland, right? My point - I just got more glee at finding GREEN mini pencils so I don't have to paint the regular yellow kind. Yippee. Auntie A is one lucky girl, I have NEVER had so much luck finding "perfect" things. Yes, "perfect" is my current fave word, so what? ;P so is fave...and love...oh well...

I found these from the Etsy shop of one of my favorite blogs, Twig & Thistle, (twigandthistlestore.etsy.com) LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment